Villa St. Francis Memory Care
Villa St. Francis continues the ministry of Jesus by providing person centered services to meet the contemporary needs of aging individuals and their families. We are committed to our mission and Core Values: Respect for Human Dignity, Compassion, Transformations, Solidarity with the Poor, and Justice and Peace.
In continuing with the mission, Villa St. Francis has established Memory Care services to meet the needs of those residents who suffer from Dementia. Our memory care is located on the 3rd floor of the facility. We specialize in memory care programming to meet the needs of up to 24 residents. All apartments are private.
The overall goal of Villa St. Francis Memory Care Program is to maximize the resident’s cognitive, psychosocial, and functional skills in order to help maintain their highest level of functioning. Villa St. Francis Memory Care will provide a supportive community setting and personal care services to persons with irreversible cognitive loss in a clean, comfortable, secure environment. This will be accomplished through attitudes of hopefulness, in a structured yet warm environment. Each resident will have individual treatment plans that have realistic goals which will include input from the Villa St. Francis team, families/significant others, and case management teams. Residents will have the opportunity for social interaction in supervised groups. Imperative to the program is the emphasis on community integration for each resident. Social activities, religious activities, cultural events, and interaction through facility events and activities will be available.
Specific Program goals include:
- Assisting and training staff in personal care activities such as dressing, grooming, and bathing.
- Assisting residents in appropriate socialization, including productive and independent leisure time, one on one interaction, and group activities.
- Assisting residents in understanding and expressing their emotions and feelings, focusing on building good self-esteem and a positive sense of self-worth.
- Encouraging and helping residents in maintaining involvement with their families and other significant people in their lives.
- Accurately assessing and responding to the unique and changing needs of each resident.
Program services are provided as described in each resident individual service plan in the following areas:
- Health monitoring/psychiatric monitoring are provided by licensed nurses who ensure that each resident receives routine health screening and yearly physician visits. Villa St Francis works with a number of health care providers, dentists, specialists, and pharmacies.
- Medication monitoring is done routinely by Villa staff and quarterly through our pharmacist. Medication administration is done by authorized staff when ordered by a physician.
- Leisure Services: Designed to maximize community involvement and keep those residents with memory loss as active as possible. Villa St. Francis participates in 2 programs specific to dementia: Memories in the Making which uses artistic expression. And Music and memories which uses music to help residents express themselves.
- Nutrition: 3 meals are served in the 3rd floor dining room daily. Multiple finger foods and snacks are made available 24 hours a day for those who cannot sit for meals. Hydration station is available 24 hours a day to ensure adequate hydration.
- Personal care services are provided by Villa staff who are trained to focus on patience and reattempts for those who struggle completing activities of daily living.