Spiritual Care Programs & Services
The spiritual environment at Villa St. Francis centers on a commitment to creating a strong, closely-knit community that focuses on holistic care – a well balanced health of mind, body and spirit. Regardless of your faith persuasion or affiliation, you will find a variety of spiritual experiences to enhance your daily life and honor your beliefs and practices.
Spiritual Care Services offer you the following:
- Daily Liturgy, including the sacraments.
- Weekly Interfaith Non-denominational Services by several area Pastors.
- Pastoral Care Personnel who offer faith based programs such as Journey of Faith, Chicken Soup Stories, Advent and Lenten services, visits with residents who move-in, are hospitalized, in rehab or for any reason upon request of resident or family member.
- Spiritual comfort and support for you and your family in times of crisis through compassionate presence, prayer and confidential counsel.
- Assistance for you and your family to cope with serious illness and end-of-life issues.
- Visit of you if/when hospitalized or in rehab to ensure compassionate remembrance.
- Support and encouragement to maintain your desired contact between you and your own faith community.
Signature ministries of Villa St. Francis
Service of Remembrance provides opportunity for staff, residents and family members to remember those who have died at VSF. This includes posting name on bulletin board and posting a picture of resident for prayerful remembrance. Pastoral Care Personnel represents VSF staff and residents by attending wake and funeral services to support the family.
Blessing of the Hands and Service of Dedication are ceremonies provided by Mission Integration Personnel inviting staff to prepare themselves to serve through living out VSF Core Values. Blessing of the Hands occurs during Heritage Week anointing the hands of each staff member with holy oil blessing them for ministry. The Service of Dedication reinforces the importance of God’s Blessing on staff members serving in key leadership positions and has become a rich part of the new employee experience.